Skip to content

Financial Statement Suite

Hello there,

We are constantly looking for ways to improve Datasnipper, and we believe that the best way to do this is by listening to our users. We would love to hear your ideas and suggestions for how we can make the product even better.

Whether you have a feature request or a general suggestion, we want to hear it all. Your feedback is valuable to us, and it will help us prioritize our roadmap and make sure that we are building the right things for our users.

If you want to report a bug, please use this link https://knowledge.datasnipper.com/kb-tickets/new to reach out to our support team. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and ensure that it gets resolved quickly.

Financial Statement Suite

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

65 results found

1. Hotkeys should be incorporated into the FSS so that the the user is less reliant on the mouse (i.e. hotkey for opening the calculator).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Planned  ·  3 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The current download says "DataSnipper Financial Statement" at the top and clients would like that to be editable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For tables in notes such as fixed assets, it would be useful to check the PY closings to the current year openings. In the examples of fixed assets, this would include cost, accumulated depreciation and NBV.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Request regarding the ability to remove all tickmarks (in bulk), similar to the way you can apply all tickmarks to a page or document. For example, from the 2nd draft of the financials I don’t want to see all the PY and IC tickmarks as it has been checked and shouldn’t change from that point on (which is where the version checker helps!). For the time being I have been going through and manually removing all the tickmarks but a simple remove all button would be amazing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  New Feature  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be great if the FSS module matched all figures from the financial statements to the front-end reports*, the notes, and specific note references.

*for example, Strategic Report (part of group and some single accounts) and Directors Report (on all accounts)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. All of the financial statements we review have large amounts of space between the number and the parentheses. FSS does not read these numbers as negative. It would be helpful to improve the accuracy of FSS to recognize these numbers as negative.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We have just upgraded to the latest FSS version 6.0.11 and are experiencing that the functionality when manually checking off previous year (PY) and internal consistency (IC) has deteriorated. Now, when we first click on the amount, we have to choose whether it matches or not, and then select the amount in the financial statements. It was much better before when PY/IC was pre-filled as if it matched, and you manually had to choose if it didn't match. The new way takes much longer for us.

Similarly, in Internal Consistency, when we select an amount that matches, it does not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Within the calculator in V6 FSS, I want to be able to use the calculator to sum up numbers and then apply a tickmark based on that summation, so that when I hand off to my reviewer, the workbook has tickmarks that are indicative of the due diligence performed by me, the preparer.

For example, in tables with amounts in columns A - E, where E contains the total, FSS may incorrectly identify a column C as a summation of A+B, and suggest incorrect TMs all the way down that column. I would want (1) to remove the suggestions from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In Version Compare, it would be cool if there was an ability to edit the file after you have selected the two documents to compare. For example, if I upload “WORD document A” and “WORD document B”, the goal is to update document A to match document B. it would be nice if I could edit doc A while comparing to doc B as I scroll down both files within the DS's Version Compare window, so I don’t have to open document A separately and make changes in the word document.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a more clear way to compare a current year financial statement PDF with a prior year financial statement PDF side by side using Version Compare within FSS. Currently a user has to import the PY financial statement as the current year document when initially setting up FSS and then select the CY document as the new version to compare the two documents within FSS.

Since users on professional and basic no longer have access to the standalone Version Compare button, this issue affects these users most.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Eg: Error comment mentioned by the tool - "Inconsistent with prior year"
    Enhancement required - Tool to specify exact value in the error comment

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the IC tab I sometimes want to search for a certain number. If I select the search bar and then a number, it automatically places a tickmark, even though I only want to search for that amount. Would it be possible that when selecting the search bar and then certain amount, that it would just show me all the places in the document where that amount occurs? (same as in the document viewer)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Same as selecting all the tickmarks and then changing them all to incorrect/correct/rotate ; can you add the possibility to bulk edit the comments in the tickmarks?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great if the FSS could check that the page numbers on the contents page correspond with the page numbers throughout the document.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Currently, no casting is performed on 'large' differences. It would be good to have these flagged to show DS considered them but the difference was over a certain threshold, or allow the user to set the threshold (including no limit).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to propose the inclusion of a feature that allows users to filter out updates made to the header and footer sections when performing a version comparison.

For instance, consider a scenario where a document's footer displays its version, such as "V1" or "V2." When comparing two documents, if the updated document contains modifications in both the main body of the document and a version change in the footer from "V1" to "V2," the version comparison currently detects and highlights all footer changes. It would be highly beneficial if we could introduce a feature that isolates alterations in the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

New  ·  1 comment  ·  Version Compare  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great if the FSS Module adapted to changes in format between PY and CY financial statements (such as tables and column headings).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Most financial statements written in Japanese contain brackets or double-digits triangles “△”. Also, “※” means note to financial statements. Is it possible to add such rules that treat these items as minus numbers?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Multiple preparers to share and split the work at the same time which helps to work on bigger files with short turn around time

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tool to place ICs on repeated information such as company name, year end date, directors' name etc. If a user selects an information and place IC stamp once, then the tool needs to automatically apply ICs throughout the document wherever it is repeating.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?