Skip to content

Core

Hello there,

We are constantly looking for ways to improve Datasnipper, and we believe that the best way to do this is by listening to our users. We would love to hear your ideas and suggestions for how we can make the product even better.

Whether you have a feature request or a general suggestion, we want to hear it all. Your feedback is valuable to us, and it will help us prioritize our roadmap and make sure that we are building the right things for our users.
If you want to report a bug, please use this link https://knowledge.datasnipper.com/kb-tickets/new to reach out to our support team. They will be able to help you troubleshoot the issue and ensure that it gets resolved quickly.

Core

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Sometimes the input cell of a document matching setup contains a formula (it is based on other cells within the sheet). It would be nice to maintain this formula when saving the template.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For document matching, when there is no exact match (f.e. when fuzzy text match or a threshold is enabled), it would be nice if the output would somehow indicate that there is no exact match. For example by giving the snips that do not have an exact match, a different colour.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be very helpful if DataSnipper could essentially perform a VLOOKUP based on snipped data. For example, if a text snip or form extraction scrapes an employee's name from the sample supporting documentation, the tool would then automatically pull in the job title of the approver (based on a separate HR Excel listing that we can also import into DataSnipper), and input it into the cell in the adjacent column. The idea would be that as employee names are populated from the supporting documentation, the associated job title would be pulled in automatically (basically a VLOOKUP but native to…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I was using DM the other day to compare cash payments that were summarized in an Excel file to bank statements that were provided to me by the client. I didn't have any data in the Excel file other than (1) a hardcoded date and (2) the amount that I was told was paid. I was attempting to match the amount paid from the Excel file to the bank statement (which I was able to do with a very high success rate). But this also got me thinking, what if I could refine the document matching to look for certain…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm looking to enhance our current document matching capabilities with a feature that closely resembles the VLOOKUP function in Excel but extends this functionality to search within documents. The feature would streamline the process of verifying numerical amounts or specific data points against those listed within a given document.

The envisioned feature would work as follows: A user would input a unique identifier (e.g., a policy number, transaction ID, etc.), and the system would then locate this identifier within a selected document. Upon successful identification, it would prompt the user to define the data extraction parameters, allowing for the automatic…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When creating a working paper it would be useful to be able to create a complex working with multiple document match tests spread across tabs (and within 1 tab).
    Saving this template would then save the selected tabs so that, when the template is used, all of those tabs, formulae across tabs, and DM settings are auto created in the excel working paper.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a count of snips/result a document match will return on step 3 of document matching. Could utilize the initial population to say "Snip Count = 25/75" then user would know to adjust/remove restriction such as removal of force match on same page of document and the count would live update to "Snip Count = 50/75". This would serve a similar purpose to the Form Extraction preview that live updates with changes in extractions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enhancing the ability within Document Matching step 3 to limit the amount threshold in a certain direction. For example in Step 3, I would like to add an Amount threshold for an input of GL Date Recorded to look for values after +3 days of input date. This would be helpful in SURL and AP testing in TODs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. During a contract review we wanted to check, if specific T&Cs are included in the contract. The clause in the contract is shown in 4 rows. When I use document matching, only the first row is extracted. This leads to false positives as errors of course could be in row 2 or 3. Document matching therefore should also "read further" and extract the whole paragraph

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When manually adjusting the snip, the font of the cell should change to a darker/other shade to indicate that the value has been altered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Document Matching to run the full input column selected even if there are empty rows between the sample data.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dear Datasnipper team,

I am writing to you today to report 2 issues I am having with your platform and 1 recommendation.

Point 1:

When I upload PDFs and images, Excel becomes unresponsive and then crashes after some time. This has also happened to all other Excel files that have no data snipped. I love datasnipper but this bug is driving me crazy. I am an Auditor and usually i open at least 5 to 6 Excel files at a time.

Point 2:

When I sort data, all of the documents that I have snipped become scrambled and I am…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add possibility to change the order of output columns in the 3rd step of the document matching set-up

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would like an option in the settings menu which can allow me to ignore or keep leading 0's currently this prevents users from being able to fully rely on datasnipper in the cases where they have a specific format of number.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Case-sensitivity for Document Matching. ie - searching for a word in all capitals to find a specific phrase/word in a contract

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consider if you have 5+ columns in your input data, when in Step 3 and 'finaliz[ing] your document match,' have the default fields for the output columns be "No Input" to save time matching. Could also consider using a short key (i.e. pressing "1" when you want no output). I currently will press "A" to get me back to the top of the listing and then scroll up to the "No Output" selection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?